Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Widower's Manifesto

I will survive, and I will thrive; I won't forget I'm still alive:

I will endure the scorn and shame of those who think that I'm to blame,
And I'll forgive their hurtful role in adding to my heavy toll.

I will bounce back from every time I reach for help to find that I'm
Rejected and looked down upon as old and ugly, should be gone.

And when I seem invisible to those who never saw my role in helping keep my family whole,
And try to build my friendship too, to just be told I've passed my due,
Perhaps I'll cry and feel the pain, but always I'll reach out again to others who know me as me
And not just friend of family.

And in good time, when kids are gone, and I'm alone, I will move on,
Releasing all that holds me back, to find myself a brand new track.

I will survive, and I will thrive; I won't forget I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment